Anyone craving pasta? Stupid question, I know. Pasta is just one of those comforting and delicious things that I’m down for anytime🙌 Today we’re both health-ifying and fall-ifying some spaghetti by using butternut squash, roasted garlic, and juicy tomatoes. Yes please!
The butternut squash sauce for these noodles is INSANELY easy and INSANELY good. First, you oven roast some squash (I used frozen squash chunks for extra convenience), a tomato, and garlic. Then all of that goodness is blended with herbs that remind me of fall- rosemary, thyme, and sage, and lots of salt and pepper. This makes a sauce so with an amazing flavour and an even more amazing colour😍😍 Yum!
I used some nice whole wheat pasta as a base for my sauce, because it’s a great way to get more nutrients in👌 I also love lentil or chickpea noodles, which have lots of protein! Even if you’re using regular pasta, this is still a delicious and healthy meal. We need carbs people! They give us energy so we can be our amazing selves😉 Also, they’re really tasty. So it’s a win-win!
Hope you enjoy this fall pasta dish! I know it’s going to be on repeat at my house all season long🥰
Butternut Squash Spaghetti
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 servings of whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups frozen butternut squash chunks, or fresh butternut squash cut into centimetre cubes.
- 1 large tomato, cut in half
- 5 cloves of garlic, in the skins
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the tomato and the butternut squash onto a parchment lined baking sheet, and toss with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic cloves in tinfoil to create a little packet, and place that on the pan as well. Throw it in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until the squash and the tomato are soft.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the veggies are done roasting, toss them into a blender or food processor with the thyme, rosemary, sage, and some salt and pepper. Remove the garlic cloves from their skins and add them as well. Blend until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and coat the noodles evenly. Serve warm and enjoy!
Have a great weekend everyone!!
2 thoughts on “Butternut Squash Spaghetti”
Thank you for sharing!☺️