Hi!! To continue on with Dill Week, I have a great recipe for a Dill and Cucumber Salad, which I adapted from a Hungarian cookbook:) It traditionally uses sour cream, but I created a lighter version with Greek yogurt. Hungarian food is very homey and fresh-tasting, and I feel like this salad embodies that. The dill really comes through, and the dressing just enhances everything.
To slice the cucumbers really thin, you can use a mandalin if you have one, or you can just use a knife. My cheese grater has one side where you can move the cucumber up and down and it slices thinly. I sliced the onion by hand, and split up the layers so that when I was done I got thin strips. Hope you enjoy this dill-ightful recipe! (Sorry for the bad puns this week😂)
Hungarian Dill and Cucumber Salad
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2-3/4 of a large cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1/4 of a medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tbs of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the cucumber, onion, and dill in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk together the yogurt, vinegar, maple syrup, paprika, salt and pepper together in a separate bowl. Pour over the cucumber and onion and mix together until everything is coated.
Have a great weekend everyone! My final dill post will come out soon;)