Hello everyone! Summer is here and I’m craving some sweet treats! So I brought out my blender and made some delicious Neapolitan Nice Cream😋. Nice Cream has a texture and taste similar to ice cream, but it’s generally made with frozen bananas. It’s light and refreshing, perfect for a hot summer day! This Nice Cream is super easy to make, and only requires 4 ingredients (not including water) to make all three flavours; vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. Make sure you give yourself time before serving to freeze your ingredients, as well as the final product. Here’s the recipe!
Neapolitan Nice Cream
Total Time: 4 hours
- 6 medium bananas
- 6 strawberries, washed
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chop up the bananas into round slices, keeping each banana separate. Split them evenly into three ziploc bags; two chopped bananas per bag. This is so that you can make each flavour of Nice Cream separately.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut them into small slices. Put them in with one of the bags of bananas. This bag will be for the strawberry Nice Cream.
- Place all of the bags in the freezer, and freeze for at least 3 hours, or until all of the fruit is completely frozen.
- Once the strawberries and bananas are frozen, remove the bags from the freezer.
- Empty one bag of just bananas into your blender, along with the 1 tbs of vanilla and one tbs of water. This is for the vanilla Nice Cream. Blend until a smooth texture forms. It should look something like this:
- Scoop out the Nice Cream from the blender and use it to fill up one third of a lined loaf pan. Put the loaf pan in the freezer while blending up the other flavours.
- For the strawberry flavour, empty the bag with the bananas and strawberries into the blender and blend until you reach the same consistency as the vanilla. Scoop it into the loaf pan to fill another third of it, then put it back into the freezer.
- Now it’s time for chocolate! Put the last bag full of bananas into the blender with the 2 tbs of cocoa powder and 1 tbs of water, and again blend until you reach that perfect consistency. Fill up the last third of the loaf pan with the chocolate Nice Cream.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer for about 30-45 minutes before serving, to get the perfect texture. If your Nice Cream gets to hard, let it thaw on the counter for a bit before digging in. Enjoy!
- I hope you like this healthy summer treat! To be honest, I think chocolate was my favourite flavour, but the other ones were great too:) I gave my dog a little scoop of the strawberry and he loved it! Have an awesome week😊😊🍦🍦