Hello there;) Today’s recipe is super simple and quick to make. I usually don’t work with bok choy a whole lot, but it’s a really delicious vegetable and is super versatile. It works great in soups, in stir frys and even just steamed as a side dish. This noodle dish allows the bok choy to shine by only using garlic and soy sauce to flavour it. It’s great for a quick weekend lunch or light dinner. Hope you enjoy!
Simple Bok Choy Noodles
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 serving of cooked lentil or whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 stalks of bok choy (regular sized, not baby)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- Chopped peanuts, for serving (optional)
- Remove the leaves from the bok choy stems and chop them into strips. Next, chop the bok choy stems like you would a celery stalk, into about a centimetre wide chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the bok choy stems and cook for about 6 minutes, until slightly browned and softened.
- Add in the garlic and leaves, cooking for an additional two minutes, until the leaves are wilted.
- Place the cooked noodles into the pan and stir in the soy sauce, removing from the heat. Serve in a bowl with chopped peanuts.
So simple yet so good! Have a great week everyone.