Hi there! I hope you’re all doing well and staying positive through this crazy time. I think it’s important to keep celebrating holidays, even smaller ones like St. Patrick’s Day, to bring back a sense of normality into our lives. So tomorrow, wear green, be festive and enjoy some special dishes! These St. Patrick’s Day oats are a great breakfast option:)) They’re given an awesome green colour by matcha powder, which tastes great as well. Greek yogurt makes them super creamy, and you can add any extra toppings that your heart desires!! Chia seeds, maple syrup and more yogurt are what I went with. Here’s the recipe for these green oats:
St. Patrick’s Day Oats
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup large flake oats (or rolled oats)
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- Mix together the oats, matcha, maple syrup, and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then turn the burner temperature down to low and let simmer until your desired thickness is reached, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the oats from the heat and stir in the greek yogurt. Transfer into a bowl, top with nuts, fruit, or seeds, and enjoy!
I hope you all have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Stay safe and be kind;)))