I’ve been craving a lot of sweet stuff recently, probably because of Easter, but I don’t feel like eating something heavy. If you’re in the same boat, then these apples are about to change your life! They’re rubbed with spices and then baked until soft and sweet, making them the perfect light snack or dessert. Also, I love how simple they are. You won’t need to run out to the grocery store for these babies! If you have a little nice cream or yogurt on hand, then that’s a bonus because it would pair well with a steaming hot apple right from the oven…. did you hear that? It sounded like angels were singing from heaven as I described these apples. I don’t blame them. Here’s the recipe!
Serves: 4 (but lets be honest here; you’re going to want at least 2 halves so the legit number of servings is 2)
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 apples (I used gala but I think any kind would work)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the apples in half, remove the stems, and use a spoon to remove the cores. Put aside.
- Mix together the spices and coconut oil in a small bowl. Rub the 4 apple halves with the mixture until they’re evenly coated.
- Place the apples skin down in a glass baking dish, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes have passed, raise the oven’ s temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the apples from the oven and serve with hot with nice cream or greek yogurt;))
Enjoy these apples!