Mushrooms are the best man! They’re so meaty and full of deliciousness. Which also means that they stand up great to AWESOME MARINADES like this one! Honestly, I feel like marinating a mushroom is the only way to eat it after eating these mushrooms. Say that ten times fast. Seriously though, this marinade is full of herbs and garlic and all of the good stuff that you want in your mouth.
After a good hour or so of marinating, everything goes into the pan with some tomatoes to get cooked down and delicious. At this point you can try to resist the urge to eat them all right there and eat them in a wrap, on some avocado toast, or as a little side salad. All of these options are amazing! If you’re not a mushroom fan, I definitely think that this recipe will convert you. Give it a try!
Marinated Mushrooms with Tomatoes
Total Time: 90 minutes
- 8 cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 stalk of green onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the parsley, garlic, green onion, vinegar, oil and salt and pepper. Dump the marinade into a ziploc bag with the mushrooms, seal it, and give it a good toss to make sure the mushrooms are coated. Place the bag and the fridge and leave to marinate for about an hour.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add in the marinated mushrooms and the diced tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the mushrooms and tomatoes are soft and most of the excess liquid has evaporated.
- Serve as a side, in a wrap, or on some avo toast!
Enjoy these amazing mushrooms!