I’m back! I went on a little vacation and wasn’t super active on my blog or social media, but I’m coming back with a BANG, aka these Roasted Cauliflower Wraps with Red Pepper Sauce. Portable lunches are going to have to start becoming a thing again soon, so these beauties are going to help you get one step ahead. Simply roast, wrap, press, and then boom, you’ve got yourself an amazing, nutritious lunch.
The cauliflower, red onions, and red peppers all get roasted up on the same pan, then the peppers are tossed in the blender with garlic, oil, and lots of cilantro to make a bea-u-tiful sauce. I spread it on a wrap, then added the cauliflower, onions, some avocado, and some spinach. YUM. After rolling, my wrap got the VIP treatment in my panini press. Once you start pressing your wraps and getting those perfect grill marks on there, you’re not going back. It also helps the wrap stay together- perfect for lunchbags.
These would be great prepared the night before, or if you prep all of the ingredients and then just roll and press as needed. This recipe makes 1 wrap but lots of extra sauce, which is awesome in bowls, more wraps, salads, more wraps, for dipping things in, and in more wraps. I hope you enjoy this recipe and keep an eye out for more meal prep ideas coming soon!!
Roasted Cauliflower Wraps with Red Pepper Sauce
Serves: 1 (with extra sauce)
Total Time: 40 minutes
For the Red Pepper Sauce:
- 2 small red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 tbs + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Wraps:
- 1 Whole Wheat Wrap
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 of a red onion, sliced
- 1/2 an avocado, thinly sliced
- a small handful of spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the cauliflower, red peppers, and red onion on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toss each with 1 tsp of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, until soft and slightly charred.
- Remove the pan from the oven and add the red peppers, along with the rest of the Red Pepper Sauce ingredients, into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat a panini press and begin assembling your wrap. Spread 1 tbs of sauce onto a whole wheat wrap, then add the cauliflower, onions, spinach, and avocado, and fold tightly, tucking the two vertical edges in, then rolling away from you.
- Place the wrap on the press and bring the lid down on it. Let gravity do its work and leave your wrap in the press for about a minute.
- Carefully remove your wrap from the press and enjoy!!
Happy munching and I’ll see you Wednesday!:)