I’ve been on a roll with the fall recipes lately! I’ve been loving all of the warm spices and fall flavours. Today I made a delicious Creamy Tahini and Sweet Potato Soup that is PERFECT for fall and super easy to make.
I’ve started experimenting with Tahini a bit more, and I love its nutty sesameness😂 I added it into my Carrot and Date Breakfast Cookies, and they were great!! In this soup, tahini adds such a depth of flavour and a nice richness. It pairs really nicely with the sweetness of the sweet potato.
To make this liquid gold, start by caramelized some onions😍😍 The smell of frying onions is the best! Then add your potatoes, some black beans, garlic, tahini, apple cider vinegar, paprika, cinnamon, and chicken broth. If you want to go vegan you can definitely use veggie broth. After all of your ingredients are in the pot (I think there’s only like 7 or 8) then season well with salt and pepper and let the soup simmer till the sweet potatoes are nice and soft❤️ Everything gets tossed in the blender and you’ve got a nice, luscious, creamy soup!
I love blender soups because they’re so simple and not particular at all. Chop your onions too big? Who cares it’s going in a blender. Basically, you cannot go wrong with this awesome fall soup. The flavour from the tahini and the cinnamon and paprika is insannnneeee. I know you may not like the sound of cinnamon in soup, but trust me it works. Make sure you try out this recipe because it’s definitely a winner!!
Creamy Tahini and Sweet Potato Soup
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, chopped into 1 centimetre cubes
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary so that they don’t burn.
- Add the sweet potatoes, black beans, tahini, garlic and apple cider vinegar to the pot and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Dump the broth, cinnamon, and paprika into the pot and season liberally with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and let cook until the sweet potatoes are soft, about 30-40 minutes.
- Use a ladle to scoop all of the soup into a large blender, and blend until smooth. If you need to you can blend the soup in a few batches.
- Return the soup to the pot and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Hope you love this soup recipe!! Have a great weekend:)