Hey guys! Fall just sort of snuck up on my and now WHAM! It’s here. The other day I made this tea and berry drink thing and I realized that the time for berries has passed. We need some warm spices and things that are orange😂 So, I present to you, Carrot and Date Breakfast Cookies! These babes are simple, sweet, and hearty, and contain a very special secret ingredient.
Do you want to know what it is? The secret ingredient? It’s tahini!! I’ve only ever used tahini in hummus before, but in these breakfast cookies it gives such a nice nutty flavour! The other not-so-secret ingredients are carrots, dates, oats, and a bunch of fall spices. Let me just list all of the things that these are: REFINED SUGAR FREE. VEGAN. GLUTEN FREE. DAIRY FREE. DELICIOUS. Delicious is now a legit food category. These cookies just made it one.
If you don’t have tahini (you should get some) you can use a nut butter of choice👌 Also, play around with some add ins because raisins, chocolate chips, or dried fruit and nuts would be great in these. In this recipe, you have a perfect autumn-ish foundation for all of your fall baking dreams. Not to mention a great breakfast✌️ Enjoy my friends!!
Carrot and Date Breakfast Cookies
Serves: Makes 9 cookies
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 10 large Medjool Dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup grated carrot
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Bring a small pot to a simmer, then remove it from the heat. Add in the dates and let them sit in the warm water for 7-10 minutes to soften up.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the softened dates into a blender or food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms. Scoop it into a bowl.
- Add the oats, carrot, tahini, and spices to the date paste. Stir until combined.
- Line a pan with parchment paper, and scoop out tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Place them on the pan and press down with your fingers to form cookies. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before enjoying.
Hope you like this first taste of fall! Stay tuned for some apple and pumpkin recipes coming soon 🙌🙌