Hey guys! You know it’s fall when it gets too dark to take good food pics after dinner… yesterday I made these AWESOME muffins but taking pictures of them in the semi-darkness would not have done them justice. But don’t worry, today you get the recipe.
This was my first fall baking project, and I’m really happy with the way that it turned out. When you need an easy, healthy fall treat, hit up these muffins. They’re mixed in a blender, so it’s actually a zero bowl recipe, and they have SO much cinnamon-y apple flavour. I used the rest of my Homemade Applesauce that I had frozen, as well as all of the fall spices, and maple syrup to top it off. There is zero refined sugar in these, and they’re also gluten free if you use gluten free oats. I haven’t tested this recipe with a flax or chia egg, but you can definitely try it out if you’d like to make these muffins vegan.
These kind of remind me of an apple cake, and are GREAT for breakfast or a quick snack. They might be some of my favourite muffins- I love my original Sugar-Free Muffins recipe, and my Mini Protein Muffins, but I’m a sucker for these fall flavours. Hope you enjoy!!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Serves: Makes 9 Muffins
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups oats (I used quick-cooking steel cut, but rolled work too)
- 1 small egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup apples, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add all of the muffin ingredients, except for the diced apples, into a blender or food processor. Blend until mostly smooth; if you can see some oats still that’s all good.
- Using a spoon, mix the diced apples evenly into the batter.
- Grease 9 holes in a muffin tin with some more coconut oil. Scoop out the batter and fill the holes about 3/4 of the way using a tablespoon.
- Bake the muffins for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown on the outside, and cooked through on the inside; you shouldn’t see any raw batter.
- Let the muffins cool completely and enjoy!
These muffins are so tasty! You can make a big batch and freeze them for a handy snack anytime:) Enjoy!