Dips are where it’s at, you know? Whenever there’s hummus in the house I eat it all in about 5 seconds because I throw it on everything. But when I don’t have hummus OR chickpeas around, I still need my dip/spread fix! So I present to you, ROASTED CARROT AND ONION DIP.
Ok guys, this dip… where do I even start? First off, it’s incredibly easy to make. You just roast a bunch of delicious veg, including carrots and red onion (who would’ve guessed😂), then toss them into the blender with parsley, olive oil, and some water. So freaking simple and so freaking worth it. After you get past the gorgeous colour, you will notice that the flavour of this dip is insaaannneee. Like insane. Mainly because you will be roasting garlic alongside the carrots and onions, and have you ever tried roasted garlic?!?! I need to roast it more often cause it’s amazing. On top of that you have some lime juice, which is just the cherry on top. All of these sweet, smoky and sour flavours working together are just heaven for your tastebuds.
I’ve eaten this dip/spread in a salad, with some brown rice crackers, and with some snap peas, but there are a whole lot more ways that I’d like to enjoy it. It would be SO GOOD in a sandwich or wrap, with some toasty pita, or on your morning toast. Honestly, just slather this on anything and it will make it 10000 times better. That’s 4 zeros my friends👌
Hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know how it turns out when you make it😊
Roasted Carrot and Onion Dip
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 5 small carrots, peeled and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp + 1/2 tsp + 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed parsley
- 4 cloves or garlic, skins on
- 3 tbsp water
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, toss the carrots and onions with the 2 tbsp olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Place the garlic cloves on a small piece of aluminum foil (shiny side up) and add the 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Fold the foil around the cloves to make a little packet. Place on the baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots, onion and garlic in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, until soft and caramelized. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Add the parsley, lime juice, water and 1/4 cup olive oil to a good blender. Remove the garlic cloves from the little packet and from their skins, and add them to the blender as well, along with the carrots and onions. Blend the mixture until fairly smooth; you should still be able to see the green flecks of parsley.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with crackers and veggies, or in bowls, sandwiches and wraps!
Definitely try this one out! See you Wednesday:))