PANCAKES- one of the best breakfasts ever! I’ve been crazy about pancakes lately and I wanted to share the recipe that I’ve been using. It’s quick, easy, uses 2 INGREDIENTS, and so tasty! I also love all the protein they pack in first thing in the morning.
I’ve used a lot of oats in my pancakes in the past, and while they do make a good cake, they can make things a bit dense. So I went really simple and just used banana and egg- and I loved the result! I remember a few years ago I tried out this simple recipe, but it never really stuck. I’m pretty much obsessed with it now though!
Because they lack a bit of that density that some kind of flour would give them though, they’re a little bit harder to flip. Some tips to make flipping easier are:
- Use Slightly Underripe Bananas- slightly underripe bananas are more starchy then when they’re very mushy and ripe, and so using them in this recipe helps the pancakes to hold together better and not burn as easily.
- Use a Thin Spatula- the thinner the spatula you use, the easier it is to get under these delicate pancakes and flip em!
- Make the Pancakes on the Smaller Side- it can be really difficult to flip large pancakes, and making them smaller means that it’s easier to get under them. I use strictly one tablespoon full of batter for each pancake.
- Wait Until You Can See Bubbles All Around the Edges to Flip- I know it can be hard to wait to eat these pancakes, but make sure you wait until you see those bubbles to flip! If the pancake isn’t cooked through enough, the flip will fail.
Keeping those tips in mind, flipping should be a breeze!
I love how versatile this recipe is too- you can add cinnamon, allspice, a bit of cocoa powder, matcha, or any other powdered flavouring you’d like. And for only using a banana and two eggs, you get LOTS of small pancakes- I’m talking like 10-15! I love eating these with some extra banana and frozen blueberries on top, drizzled with peanut butter, with Greek yogurt, or with other fruit. The eggs in them are a great source of protein, so they’re perfect for a pre or post workout snack as well. Or have them for a quick and easy breakfast that makes everyday feel like Saturday!
Enjoy this simple and delicious breakfast idea!
Quick and Easy Banana Pancakes
-1 large banana
-1/4 tsp cinnamon or allspice (optional)
1. Mash the banana in a small bowl.
2. Add in the eggs and the allspice, and whisk everything together until combined.
3. Heat up a small pan over medium-low heat.
4. Scoop the pancakes batter by tablespoon-fulls into the pan, and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until you can see bubbles all around the edges. Carefully flip the pancakes with a thin spatula, and continue to cook for another 1 minute.
5. Use the spatula to transfer the pancakes onto a plate, and repeat step 4 until all of the batter is used up!
6. Serve warm.